Justice for Shahrokh Zamani
Join the international condemnation of Shahrokh Zamani’s death and also call for the unconditional release of all labour activists and political prisoners in Iran and recognition of workers to have the right to organize freely without fear of persecution.
A new round of intimidation, arrests and prosecution of teachers in Iran
The Islamic Republic of Iran has started this new wave of arrests and persecution of teachers and education activists in Iran despite national and international condemnation and cries for the release of all arrested teachers. The resumption of persecution of teachers aims to create a climate of fear and intimidation prior to the opening of schools in Iran in Mehr 1st 1394 (September 23, 2015).
Joint May Day Resolution of Independent Iranian Workers’ Organizations
Today, we have come together in solidarity at a time when a large and united movement of workers, teachers, nurses and other toiling masses in Iran is in the process of formation around the issue of subsistence and ending poverty and squalor.
Forum and Discussion- Crisis in the Labour Movement: Is Labour Renewal Possible?
Another wave of arrests and repression of labour activists in Iran prior to May Day
we strongly condemn the unjust persecution and sentences against these labour activists. we also denounce ongoing persecution and arrests of labour activists in Iran including the repression of May Day organizing efforts. we demand the immediate and unconditional freedom of all labour activists in Iran.
Lessons from Mineworkers’ Strike in Bafgh
Many other labour activists across the country are being persecuted and arrested and facing legal battles and have been charged with various sham charges.
Updates on Reza Shahabi!
Thanks to national and international campaigns The authorities of the Islamic Republic of Iran were pressured to release Reza Shahabi in fall 2014; however, he was released for medical reasons thus has not fully discharged. Reza Shahabi is now at home with his family while under medical supervision as well. We continue to demand the unconditional freedom of Reza Shahabi and the withdrawal of all the remaining charges against him and his right to return to his work and compensated for years of mistreatment and financial hardships.
The second phase of subsidies elimination: What will that mean for the working class?
The question is whether people in Iran, particularly the most disadvantaged section of the working classes and the poor would be able to endure such sufferings any more. Iran moving towards revolts or not?
Neoliberalism in IRI: a brief history From Rafsanjani (1989) to Rouhani (2014); a continuum
Rouhani’s economic priorities and his implementation of the “Second Phase of Subsidies Elimination” are early indication that in term of pursuing aggressive neoliberal policies, he will prove to be the most neoliberal administration yet.
IRI and ILO: The entire delegates from Iran to the International Labour Organization (ILO) are made of the mercenaries of the IRI. The so-called “worker’s representatives” among Iranian delegates are representatives of government-sponsored organizations like the “Islamic Councils”, "Workers' house" and their "trade associations", which have had a direct role in the suppression of the labour activists and workers' rights in Iran.
LATEST IRAN NEWS
- Who’s Esmail Abdi, the imprisoned Iranian teacher?
- Confédération Nationale du Travail - France (CNT - F) in Solidarity with Esmail Abdi
- Confédération Nationale du Travail - France (CNT - F) in Solidairty with Esmail Abdi
- Iran: Behnam Ebrahimzadeh facing new rounds of interrogations in prison
- Securing forces brutally attacked Tehran bus workers' rally
- WFTU and its Scandalous Relationship with Workers’ House of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Iran: Workers protest against anti-worker bill
- Latest updates on Esmail Abdi: Incarcerated since November 9, 2016
- Education International: Global campaign launched to free teacher union leader in Iran
- The NASUWT condemns the jailing of the General Secretary of the Iranian Teachers’ Trade Association - Tehran
- Condemn Confirmation of six year sentence for Esmail Abdi by the Appeals Court of Tehran
- IASWI’s statement in condemnation of police brutality and racism in the United States
International Daily Briefing
- MLK's Advice on Strike Strategy Still Relevant Today
- Bangladesh: The people who make your clothes are striking for their rights
- In Connecticut Hotels and Cafeterias, Recruiting a Rank-and-File Army of Organizers
- Colombia:Trade union leader Ballesteros freed
- Global: Davos: Global Alarm Bells Call for Emergency Response
- Yemen: Oil company DNO targeted by unions
- Where to Find Better Candidates? Oregon Unions Are Growing Their Own
- Kazakhstan: ITUC deeply concerned by Gvt action against affiliate
- At the Birthplace of Auto Workers' Sit-Down Strikes, Locked Out for Eight Months and Counting
- Trump’s Cabinet picks are no friends to workers
- Yemen: Workers trapped between war and hunger
- Yemen: DNO Yemen has property seized for failing to pay workers
- Afghanistan: Afghan officials say at least 7 miners killed by gunman
- Chattanooga Auto Workers to Host Strike Meeting
- Pakistan’s shipbreaking hell
- Turning an Issue into a Campaign: How Minnesota Public Employees Stood Up for Paid Parental Leave
- People’s Houses/Women: #FreeAysegulBasar
- Turkish Interior Ministry goes after defenders of secularism after jihadist massacre
- Halkevleri members hit by police, detained while marching against war
- ISIL gangs burn to death ‘two Turkish soldiers’
- Let's Make 2017 the Year of the Slingshot
- Five Ways to Defend Immigrant Members
- Russian Ambassador to Turkey Andrey Karlov assassinated by police officer in Ankara
- A Ph.D. in Organizing
- Hotel Workers Defeat Boss Tactics to Win Union
Free Reza Shahabi Now; Time to increase pressures for freedom of all jailed labour activists in Iran
We are highlighting the challenges relating to the total disregard of the plight of jailed labour activists in Iran and the continued harassment of labour activists both in jail and outside the prison system. In particular, we are calling on all labour and progressive human rights' organizations and activists to increase pressures on the Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI) for the freedom of imprisoned labour activists. No labour activists have been released in recent months despites the IRI's public relations stunt and selective release of a few political prisoners in recent weeks. All political prisoners must be released immediately. Please take a moment to call for an immediate freedom of Reza Shahabi, Shahrokh Zamani, Mohammad Jarahi, Behhnam Ebrahimzadeh, Pedram Nasrollahi, Rasoul Bodaghi and other imprisoned labour activists in Iran.