Justice for Shahrokh Zamani
Join the international condemnation of Shahrokh Zamani’s death and also call for the unconditional release of all labour activists and political prisoners in Iran and recognition of workers to have the right to organize freely without fear of persecution.
A new round of intimidation, arrests and prosecution of teachers in Iran
The Islamic Republic of Iran has started this new wave of arrests and persecution of teachers and education activists in Iran despite national and international condemnation and cries for the release of all arrested teachers. The resumption of persecution of teachers aims to create a climate of fear and intimidation prior to the opening of schools in Iran in Mehr 1st 1394 (September 23, 2015).
Joint May Day Resolution of Independent Iranian Workers’ Organizations
Today, we have come together in solidarity at a time when a large and united movement of workers, teachers, nurses and other toiling masses in Iran is in the process of formation around the issue of subsistence and ending poverty and squalor.
Forum and Discussion- Crisis in the Labour Movement: Is Labour Renewal Possible?
Another wave of arrests and repression of labour activists in Iran prior to May Day
we strongly condemn the unjust persecution and sentences against these labour activists. we also denounce ongoing persecution and arrests of labour activists in Iran including the repression of May Day organizing efforts. we demand the immediate and unconditional freedom of all labour activists in Iran.
Lessons from Mineworkers’ Strike in Bafgh
Many other labour activists across the country are being persecuted and arrested and facing legal battles and have been charged with various sham charges.
Updates on Reza Shahabi!
Thanks to national and international campaigns The authorities of the Islamic Republic of Iran were pressured to release Reza Shahabi in fall 2014; however, he was released for medical reasons thus has not fully discharged. Reza Shahabi is now at home with his family while under medical supervision as well. We continue to demand the unconditional freedom of Reza Shahabi and the withdrawal of all the remaining charges against him and his right to return to his work and compensated for years of mistreatment and financial hardships.
The second phase of subsidies elimination: What will that mean for the working class?
The question is whether people in Iran, particularly the most disadvantaged section of the working classes and the poor would be able to endure such sufferings any more. Iran moving towards revolts or not?
Neoliberalism in IRI: a brief history From Rafsanjani (1989) to Rouhani (2014); a continuum
Rouhani’s economic priorities and his implementation of the “Second Phase of Subsidies Elimination” are early indication that in term of pursuing aggressive neoliberal policies, he will prove to be the most neoliberal administration yet.
IRI and ILO: The entire delegates from Iran to the International Labour Organization (ILO) are made of the mercenaries of the IRI. The so-called “worker’s representatives” among Iranian delegates are representatives of government-sponsored organizations like the “Islamic Councils”, "Workers' house" and their "trade associations", which have had a direct role in the suppression of the labour activists and workers' rights in Iran.
LATEST IRAN NEWS
- Jafar Azimzadeh Released on Furlough (updates as of July 1, 2016)
- Amnesty International Urgent Action: Iranian Jailed trade unionist’s health and life at risk: Jafar Azimzadeh
- Swiss Trade Union Confederation: Free Jafar Azimzadeh! Stop Brutal flogging sentences against workers!
- IndustriALL Global Union calls on Government of Iran to end flogging of mineworkers & respect human & labor rights
- Renowned scholars & activists in solidarity with Jafar Azimzadeh & denouncing flogging selectness against workers in Iran
- CUPE condemns flogging sentences against workers in Iran & demands release of Jafar Azimzadeh
- Jafar Azimzadeh on his 41st day of hunger strike; 9 other mine workers received flogging sentences
- Open letters to ILO by independent labour organizations and activists in Iran
- Open Letter to 105th Session of the International Labour Conference - From Tehran Bus Workers' Syndicate
- Brutal flogging sentences against mine workers in Iran
- Support the Demands of the Incarcerated Hunger Strikers in Iran
- Demonstration Outside ILO Conference in Geneva-June 6, 2016
International Daily Briefing
- El Salvador: Refusing to pay authorized wage increase, government to to dock pay, fire striking hospital workers
- All Tricks, No Treat in Peeps Candy Strike
- Faced with the crisis, the EZLN announces go to elections, in a historical fact – Lucrecia Fernandez
- Taiwan: Labor unions to march for 123 days off each year
- Iran: Two Labour Activists Sentenced to 22 Years of Imprisonment
- Inoculate Your Co-Workers against the Boss's Tactics
- Turkey: 90 journalists in jail - protest now
- How Brazilian Bank Workers Learn to Dream Bigger
- USA: Striking Harvard dining hall workers arrested amid protest over pay
- Taiwan: Hundreds of Flight Attendants Pelt Airline Office with Eggs When Agreement not Honoured
- Chicago Teachers Avert a Strike by Forcing the Mayor to Dig Deep
- Review: Undocumented Workers Organize at a Los Angeles Shoe Factory in This Poignant Novel
- UK: State pension age should not rise any further, says TUC
- Texas Musicians Strike to Save Their Orchestra
- Norway: The wage matrix is secured, the strike in oil service is terminated
- Teamster Contest Reaches Fever Pitch
- Qatar: Fifa faces legal challenge over Qatar migrant workers
- Korea (South): Imprisoned S. Korean labor leader named winner of 2016’s Freedom from Fear Award
- Turkish police mark Ankara Massacre anniversary with attacks on protesters
- Korea (South): Support Korea’s strikers for justice - action day called
- Russia: Justice for Anna Politkovskaya
- How D.C. Drivers Put the Brakes on Unsafe Buses
- Minnesota Nurse: After a Month on Strike, We’re Not Backing Down
- Chicken coop private schools for Africa’s kids
- Dining Workers Strike at Harvard, World's Richest University
Free Reza Shahabi Now; Time to increase pressures for freedom of all jailed labour activists in Iran
We are highlighting the challenges relating to the total disregard of the plight of jailed labour activists in Iran and the continued harassment of labour activists both in jail and outside the prison system. In particular, we are calling on all labour and progressive human rights' organizations and activists to increase pressures on the Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI) for the freedom of imprisoned labour activists. No labour activists have been released in recent months despites the IRI's public relations stunt and selective release of a few political prisoners in recent weeks. All political prisoners must be released immediately. Please take a moment to call for an immediate freedom of Reza Shahabi, Shahrokh Zamani, Mohammad Jarahi, Behhnam Ebrahimzadeh, Pedram Nasrollahi, Rasoul Bodaghi and other imprisoned labour activists in Iran.