Justice for Shahrokh Zamani
Join the international condemnation of Shahrokh Zamani’s death and also call for the unconditional release of all labour activists and political prisoners in Iran and recognition of workers to have the right to organize freely without fear of persecution.
A new round of intimidation, arrests and prosecution of teachers in Iran
The Islamic Republic of Iran has started this new wave of arrests and persecution of teachers and education activists in Iran despite national and international condemnation and cries for the release of all arrested teachers. The resumption of persecution of teachers aims to create a climate of fear and intimidation prior to the opening of schools in Iran in Mehr 1st 1394 (September 23, 2015).
Joint May Day Resolution of Independent Iranian Workers’ Organizations
Today, we have come together in solidarity at a time when a large and united movement of workers, teachers, nurses and other toiling masses in Iran is in the process of formation around the issue of subsistence and ending poverty and squalor.
Forum and Discussion- Crisis in the Labour Movement: Is Labour Renewal Possible?
Another wave of arrests and repression of labour activists in Iran prior to May Day
we strongly condemn the unjust persecution and sentences against these labour activists. we also denounce ongoing persecution and arrests of labour activists in Iran including the repression of May Day organizing efforts. we demand the immediate and unconditional freedom of all labour activists in Iran.
Lessons from Mineworkers’ Strike in Bafgh
Many other labour activists across the country are being persecuted and arrested and facing legal battles and have been charged with various sham charges.
Updates on Reza Shahabi!
Thanks to national and international campaigns The authorities of the Islamic Republic of Iran were pressured to release Reza Shahabi in fall 2014; however, he was released for medical reasons thus has not fully discharged. Reza Shahabi is now at home with his family while under medical supervision as well. We continue to demand the unconditional freedom of Reza Shahabi and the withdrawal of all the remaining charges against him and his right to return to his work and compensated for years of mistreatment and financial hardships.
The second phase of subsidies elimination: What will that mean for the working class?
The question is whether people in Iran, particularly the most disadvantaged section of the working classes and the poor would be able to endure such sufferings any more. Iran moving towards revolts or not?
Neoliberalism in IRI: a brief history From Rafsanjani (1989) to Rouhani (2014); a continuum
Rouhani’s economic priorities and his implementation of the “Second Phase of Subsidies Elimination” are early indication that in term of pursuing aggressive neoliberal policies, he will prove to be the most neoliberal administration yet.
IRI and ILO: The entire delegates from Iran to the International Labour Organization (ILO) are made of the mercenaries of the IRI. The so-called “worker’s representatives” among Iranian delegates are representatives of government-sponsored organizations like the “Islamic Councils”, "Workers' house" and their "trade associations", which have had a direct role in the suppression of the labour activists and workers' rights in Iran.
LATEST IRAN NEWS
- WFTU and its Scandalous Relationship with Workers’ House of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Iran: Workers protest against anti-worker bill
- Latest updates on Esmail Abdi: Incarcerated since November 9, 2016
- Education International: Global campaign launched to free teacher union leader in Iran
- The NASUWT condemns the jailing of the General Secretary of the Iranian Teachers’ Trade Association - Tehran
- Condemn Confirmation of six year sentence for Esmail Abdi by the Appeals Court of Tehran
- IASWI’s statement in condemnation of police brutality and racism in the United States
- Jafar Azimzadeh Released on Furlough (updates as of July 1, 2016)
- Amnesty International Urgent Action: Iranian Jailed trade unionist’s health and life at risk: Jafar Azimzadeh
- Swiss Trade Union Confederation: Free Jafar Azimzadeh! Stop Brutal flogging sentences against workers!
- IndustriALL Global Union calls on Government of Iran to end flogging of mineworkers & respect human & labor rights
- Renowned scholars & activists in solidarity with Jafar Azimzadeh & denouncing flogging selectness against workers in Iran
International Daily Briefing
- Viewpoint: Trump, Carrier, and Corporate Welfare
- Greece’s endless struggle
- Greece: Transportation Crippled By Union-Led Anti-Austerity Strikes
- North Pole Elves Call Boycott over Toy Workshop Offshoring
- USA: Donald Trump just insulted a union leader on Twitter. Then the phone started to ring.
- A Home Base for Temp Worker Organizing
- Korea (South): Railroad union agrees to end months-long strike
- Qatar: Qatari and FIFA Pledges on Worker Rights Have Little Impact on Construction Companies
- Using Your Contract Survey to Maximum Effect
- Girl students become latest victims of unregulated religious education in Turkey
- Good cheer for South Africa’s winery workers
- Buffalo Hospital Workers Get Their Money and Staffing Back
- Nova Scotia Teachers on the Verge of Strike
- Thanksgiving on the Picket Lines at Momentive
- After Labor Notes Training, Management Sees Red
- In Short Strike, Jim Beam Workers Crush Two-Tier and Beat Grueling Hours
- Sickout Leaders Make a Bid to Re-Energize Detroit Teachers Union
- Italian Trans Freedom March dedicated to murdered trans victim in Turkey
- Regime forces resort to violence in effort to quell protests over HDP arrests
- Iraqi unions: after free association, what next?
- Turkish regime detains HDP lawmakers
- Waging war against bogus self-employment
- AKP attacks Cumhuriyet newspaper, detains at least 14
- Toward dictatorship: Erdoğan closes down media groups, accrues more power in hands
- Turkish government detains co-mayors of Diyarbakır
Free Reza Shahabi Now; Time to increase pressures for freedom of all jailed labour activists in Iran
We are highlighting the challenges relating to the total disregard of the plight of jailed labour activists in Iran and the continued harassment of labour activists both in jail and outside the prison system. In particular, we are calling on all labour and progressive human rights' organizations and activists to increase pressures on the Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI) for the freedom of imprisoned labour activists. No labour activists have been released in recent months despites the IRI's public relations stunt and selective release of a few political prisoners in recent weeks. All political prisoners must be released immediately. Please take a moment to call for an immediate freedom of Reza Shahabi, Shahrokh Zamani, Mohammad Jarahi, Behhnam Ebrahimzadeh, Pedram Nasrollahi, Rasoul Bodaghi and other imprisoned labour activists in Iran.